Wednesday, June 27, 2012

House Proud on Nate, Furniture and Bridesmaids Order

Nate Berkus showed the cutest home on the House Proud segment of his show today.  The owner is Joanna Madden and when I googled to find pics, I realized I have seen her home before in Country Living magazine.  She designs and has a jewelry business called Findings and her and her mom have a shop called Summerhouse.  She is great at arranging collections of her finds in her home like the vintage suitcases, mirrors and pottery!







Here is a piece I am working on for Ashley.  She was trying to get a neutral color to go in dining room and I got Natural Linen by Glidden and I really like it.  I was trying to show the color but it doesn't show up so great in these pics...



Sorry for the bad pics today but this is a shelf I am selling to another dealer but I was trying to find a paint for the piece and had a tan color I didn't like and several craft paints so I started mixing and came up with a sort of gray/taupe that I really liked...so...if you have some paint colors you don't like or aren't using, you might trying mixing and see what you come up with!


Here is a frame order I recently did (I hadn't added the twine yet in this pic) for bridesmaids gifts: a fun mix of stripes!

I took some more frames to Spoonful of Sugar at Mount Laurel this weekend and here are some pics from the shop...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy Page

Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
thefrenchfleashop's items Go to thefrenchfleashop's photostream

Followers

About Me

My photo
The French Flea is a Birmingham, AL based business specializing in selling painted and distressed furniture, rustic home decor and more. It reflects a love of anything french, rustic, shabby, chippy paint, distressed! We currently have a booth at Greystone Antiques on Hwy. 280 in Hoover and The Blue Building in Alabaster. We also offer custom furniture painting and will be your "picker" or personal shopper and look for pieces you are in search of! To contact The French Flea, call Karen at 721-0578 or email kbush422@gmail.com!