Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bedroom Makeover on a Budget!

Here are some pics of this budget bedroom makeover (still in progress)! The walls are the Ashes color by Behr I blogged about a few weeks ago and I love it. It looks great in any light.
The window treatments I am using are actually 2 shower curtainsI found at TJMaxx for only $19.99 each! I loved the flowers going across the top and bottom but shower curtains are usually pretty thin so here is a tip to make them look fuller. Buy a set of rings with clips to go on your rod, then use another pair of heavier window treatments - you may have some old ones or you can go to your thrift store and usually find the old heavy drapery panels and just put them back to back and clip onto the rings. I love for window treatments to puddle but these shower curtains weren't long enough to even reach the floor so I am adding a beautiful black damask to the bottom and allowing that fabric to puddle!


Here is an ornate frame I love and added a sconce in the middle. Gold sconces with crystal prisms is a great "french" look but can be very expensive. But, you can always find these sconces and candleholders at your local thrift store. Look for ones that have the holes already punched in them so that you can add the crystal prisms. Crystal prisms can be ordered on Ebay...or, Hobby Lobby often has ornaments or different items where you can just remove the crystals and add that are very inexpensive!



I bought two of these chairs and sold one in the shop. They were a beautiful wood but I kept this one and painted it white then added some of the light gray on top and distressed.

Steinmart has the cutest pillows and they are often on sale 30% off an already sale price! Customers often ask how to use doors and shutters and they look great just leaned against the wall to create cozy little nooks!

6 comments:

  1. My very first thing that caught my eye was the beautiful window treatment.....shower curtains really?? and then look at those steinmart pillows this room is awesome! You really pulled it all together oh and the sconces in the frame beautiful! Hope you stop by my place sometime! Love your style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I love the beautiful frame around the wall sconce and the perfectly worn shutter behing the door. Just stunning. Visiting from Flaunt if Friday.

    -Aaron {the girl with the boy's name}

    www.mudpiesandmarigolds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. So beautiful. I'd be thrilled to have you link this to my VIP party today! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Crafty! Pretty as well! Please stop on by my link party I'd love to see this up!

    Simply Creations Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh.. this is truly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Etsy Page

Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
thefrenchfleashop's items Go to thefrenchfleashop's photostream

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
The French Flea is a Birmingham, AL based business specializing in selling painted and distressed furniture, rustic home decor and more. It reflects a love of anything french, rustic, shabby, chippy paint, distressed! We currently have a booth at Greystone Antiques on Hwy. 280 in Hoover and The Blue Building in Alabaster. We also offer custom furniture painting and will be your "picker" or personal shopper and look for pieces you are in search of! To contact The French Flea, call Karen at 721-0578 or email kbush422@gmail.com!