Monday, March 7, 2011

Tufted and Tissue Tutorials!

Tufted fabric headboards are very popular right now and I've had several customers who have told me they made their own fabric headboards. Here is one tutorial for making your own tufted headboard using plywood, foam padding, fabric and buttons.
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2010/01/diy-simple-tufted-headboard/


A couple of customers have asked me about these pompoms in the shop:I got instructions to make these gift tissue paper roses from Sandy at shabbystreamside studio, here's the link:
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-big-tissue-paper-roses.html

They were also used in a post at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home showing an incredible barn transformation she did for a wedding reception shown in these pics:


2 comments:

  1. Very creative.. Wow! I would love to learn more of that have my kids do it for themselves as well. Thanks for sharing this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing this kind of job since I am not that creative enough to design I am grateful to have your post as my resources.

    ReplyDelete

Etsy Page

Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
thefrenchfleashop's items Go to thefrenchfleashop's photostream

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
The French Flea is a Birmingham, AL based business specializing in selling painted and distressed furniture, rustic home decor and more. It reflects a love of anything french, rustic, shabby, chippy paint, distressed! We currently have a booth at Greystone Antiques on Hwy. 280 in Hoover and The Blue Building in Alabaster. We also offer custom furniture painting and will be your "picker" or personal shopper and look for pieces you are in search of! To contact The French Flea, call Karen at 721-0578 or email kbush422@gmail.com!