Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Magic Brush

I can't remember how Jennifer of The Magic Brush found my blog but she has commented a couple of times which led me to her blog and I was very inspired by her talent. She is a professional faux finish painter in Missouri and has even been on Extreme Makeover Home Edition 3 times! I had seen this piece awhile back on her blog and loved it.



So recently I thought I would try the look on a bombay chest I had in my house. I just rubbed turquoise onto the drawers and legs and left the top the natural wood.




Here are some more examples of her work. For more you can go to themagicbrushinc.blogspot.com.



3 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the shout out! I will do a link over here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely...I love her work and glad I found your blog from her FB post xo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on the bombay chest, it turned out great! i've visited ur blog b4, but 2day i became a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Etsy Page

Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
thefrenchfleashop's items Go to thefrenchfleashop's photostream

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
The French Flea is a Birmingham, AL based business specializing in selling painted and distressed furniture, rustic home decor and more. It reflects a love of anything french, rustic, shabby, chippy paint, distressed! We currently have a booth at Greystone Antiques on Hwy. 280 in Hoover and The Blue Building in Alabaster. We also offer custom furniture painting and will be your "picker" or personal shopper and look for pieces you are in search of! To contact The French Flea, call Karen at 721-0578 or email kbush422@gmail.com!